Many moons ago on the blog, we had a fun little questionnaire we sent to bands we really admired. Acts like Hollerado, Jay Sparrow, We Are The City and Aidan Knight all answered the questions, usually with a great deal of hilarity. So we decided to bring the Questionnaire, which features a standard set of 15 questions, questions that we will send out to acts whose albums we really, really enjoyed.
First up is Shawn Mrazek, who recently released the wonderful Thought He Was Dead under the name Shawn Mrazek Lives! Here is what he had to say:
1. Where’d you get your name?
It’s my name!
2. When did you start making music seriously?
1998, I started writing and singing songs for The Notes From Underground. Check it out: http://shawnmrazek.com/THE-NOTES-FROM-UNDERGROUND
3. What are you listening to right now?
“Together” by Ray Barretto http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf1nsXU8RAk
4. What are some of your musical guilty pleasures?
None! Guilt free about the music I love. C’mon you should be too!
5. Describe your music in one sentence.
A friend who points toward freedom!
6. Where do you see yourself in six months?
7. What has been the highlight of your career so far?
Playing The Stooges tune “Funhouse” with Mike Watt, it was amazing!!!
8. What is the most unusual compliment/insult you’ve received as a musician?
I received a comment once in reference to being a musician, “That’s great, but what are you really going do with your life?”
9. If you could go on tour with any band, disbanded or together, whom would you tour with?
No-brainer! Jonathan Richman.
10. If you could be on the soundtrack for any TV show or movie, which one would you choose?
The Cosby Show. Their lip-synced musical skits were incredible!!!!
11. What do you do for fun?
My wife. We have many children.
12. If you weren’t doing music what would you do?
I’ve been playing music for 29 years. It’s hard to imagine my life without it.
13. What do you think will be a major trend in the near future?
14. What current trend do you think needs to stop?
I try not to judge. Once I’m on the diss-train it is hard to get off.
15. What would you be doing if you weren’t doing this survey?
Changing diapers and giving timeouts.