1) Where’d you get your name? – From my mother and father and Charles Bukowski
2) When did you start making music seriously? When I was fourteen I wrote songs to impress girls. I took that quite seriously.
3) What are you listening to right now? Le Nois by Neil Young
4) What are some of your musical guilty pleasures? I don’t feel guilty about pleasure but something that you might be surprised to hear me listening to would be Justin Timberlake.
5) Describe your music in one sentence. Honest.
6) Where do you see yourself in six months? Nicaragua. I plan on heading there after I get back to Edmonton to write and record my next record. It’s a pure, untouched and unrefined culture. I think it will be pretty inspiring.
7) What has been the highlight of your career so far? Sleeping on Willie Nelson’s couch.
8) What is the most unusual compliment/insult you’ve recieved as a musician? “You sound like you’d be taller.”
9) If you could go on tour with any band, disbanded or together, who would you tour with? The Band
10) If you could be on the soundtrack for any TV show or movie, which one would you choose? The Last Waltz
11) What do you do for fun? Cooking, talk about cooking and eating. I’m a bit of a foodie. One of my favourite aspects of touring is being able to visit my favourite places to eat in each city I get to play in.
12) If you weren’t doing music what would you do? Drink alcohol.
13) What do you think will be a major trend in the near future? Glee, American Idol and High School Musical.
15) What would you be doing if you weren’t doing this survey? Calling Mike Maxxis. I just got to Toronto after a few months back home in Edmonton and I need to see some friends.