1) Where’d you get your name?
From an art exhibit by Manitoba artist Noam Gonick called the Wildflowers of Manitoba. A friend suggested we be part of the exhibit which involved dudes going about their lives in a bubble while images of nature were projected on them. We couldn’t do it, but we misheard the name and thought it was an awesome band name.
2) When did you start making music seriously?
We’ve all loved making music all our lives, and have done so both solo and with other bands. This started out as a side project and then just took off from there. So we really just kind of fell into it.
3) What are you listening to right now?
Krishna Das – Breath of the Heart. Wake up music in St. John’s – along with a dove named Charlie. In the 40 hour car ride from Ottawa, we listened to Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, Pink Floyd and CBC radio.
4) What are some of your musical guilty pleasures?
Will loves all 80’s music. Stefan loves early 2000’s hip hop. Scott loves “Eternal Flame” by the Bangles. Sean and Melissa do not feel guilty about pleasures.
5) Describe your music in one sentence.
(They didn’t answer this one…)
6) Where do you see yourself in six months?
Living in our van, writing songs on our time off.
7) What has been the highlight of your career so far?
Our UK tour was an amazing time.
8 ) What is the most unusual compliment/insult you’ve recieved as a musician?
(Nor this one…)
9) If you could go on tour with any band, disbanded or together, who would you tour with?
Stefan – Bob Dylan
Melissa – The Raylettes
Will – Joni Mitchell with members from the Weather Report
Scott – Fleetwood Mac (Rumours tour)
Sean – Parliament Funkadelic.
10) If you could be on the soundtrack for any TV show or movie, which one would you choose?
11) What do you do for fun?
Make CDs by hand. Screenprint Shirts. Travel. Ride bikes to parks. Hangout in the backyard with our cat and beers.
12) If you weren’t doing music what would you do?
We’d run an organic lemonade stand.
13) What do you think will be a major trend in the near future?
iAndroid – A robot that lives your life for you (provided it has the right apps).
14) What current trend do you think needs to stop?
15) What would you be doing if you weren’t doing this survey?