1) Where’d you get your name?
Drunk in a bar.
2) When did you start making music seriously?
We all started to make music seriously when we were teenagers. That’s usually when it happens for most musicians.
3) What are you listening to right now?
Brian Jonestown Massacre “My Bloody Underground”.
4) What are some of your musical guilty pleasures?
You should never feel guilty to like a song or a band.
5) Describe your music in one sentence.
I can’t describe our music, I’m just there to intrigue people enough so they go listen to it and make their own opinion.
6) Where do you see yourself in six months?
In Australia fighting kangaroos.
7) What has been the highlight of your career so far?
Having a record.
8 ) What is the most unusual compliment/insult you’ve received as a musician?
There was this cowboy once who said he loved the band, but wanted to bring some ideas. He wanted to produce the record even though I told him it was done already. We were playing with The Besnard Lakes that night and he went to see Jace to tell him his ideas, Jace got stuck 20 minutes with that cowboy.
9) If you could go on tour with any band, disbanded or together, who would you tour with?
10) If you could be on the soundtrack for any TV show or movie, which one would you choose?
I would say “Into the Wild”, it just fits too well with our record.
11) What do you do for fun?
The least possible.
12) If you weren’t doing music what would you do?
13) What do you think will be a major trend in the near future?
Being naked. Clothes are overrated.
14) What current trend do you think needs to stop?
If it’s a trend it needs to stop. Be creative!
15) What would you be doing if you weren’t doing this survey?